Terms & Conditions
Creative Hats: receipts @CherylBrown @KendraBush.
- This competition is open to international and local milliners whether amateur, professional or student.
- You must provide photographs of the materials you plan to use, taken before you start using them.
- Your hat or headpiece can be made using any materials of your choice as long as they stay within the theme. Please ask if you are unsure.
- The finished headpiece should be suitable for a model size 56/57cm. It must have no maker's name attached.
- Each competitor may submit one hat per entry. The cost is AUD$60 per entry. You may enter as many times as you wish. Please complete a form for each entry.
- The hat must be designed and made by the person registered for the competition.
- Judging criteria will, as usual, include style, line, balance, weight, technique, finish and originality. Judges will also take into account the percentage of re-cycled materials used. This should be indicated on your entry form.
- All entries must be received by 6pm on Monday 3 February 2020.
- Competitors may not publish photos of their entries on line or otherwise prior to 8 February 2020 which is when our social media promotion begins.
- The Finalists will be announced on Monday 10 February 2020.
- The winners will be announced on Saturday 15 February at the Grand Finale event in Melbourne.
- In addition to the main competition, there will be a Peoples' Choice Award. All hats will be on display at The Essential Hat, 507 High Street, Prahran East, Melbourne until the Grand Finale show on 15 February. Votes for the Peoples’ Choice Award will be invited at both these locations.
- Candidates are requested to ensure their hats are well packaged for delivery. Your hat may, if indicated on the submission form, be offered for sale after the Grand Finale. Please make sure we have your retail price in AU$. Any unsold hats will be returned at the end of February using the packaging in which they were sent, at your expense. We will contact you about cost of postage at that time. Unless otherwise arranged, any entries unclaimed by 1 June 2020 will be considered the property of The Essential Hat.
- Winning hats will remain on display at The Essential Hat until the end of February. Hats which have not won a prize will be returned as soon as is practicable.
- It is important for the hat to be accompanied by an Entry Form, completed in LARGE CLEAR LETTERS with a photo of the hat showing how it should be worn on the head.